HDI Membership provides IT Service and Support professionals with many ways to participate in their industry:
- Enabling them to join more than 7800 worldwide IT Service and Support professionals as they enthusiastically share their knowledge and experiences within the community – creating the world’s largest repository of industry information.
- Introducing them to HDI’s Local Chapter network, the most enabling IT Service and Support community on the planet – all dedicated professionals constantly seeking new ways to improve on their successes.
- Helping them connect with IT Service and Support colleagues via HDI Industry Forums – sharing experiences and insights with other industry professionals who have made the HDI community their connection of choice.
- Allowing them to make a real difference by participating in HDI’s annual Practices and Salary Surveys – this is where today’s best practices become tomorrow’s industry standards.
- Providing them with a free subscription to SupportWorld – our heralded, content-rich, bi-monthly magazine.
- Offering them discounts to conferences, skills-building courses, certification programs, and many more valuable tools.
HDI members are the thought leaders in the industry and show a personal commitment to their professional growth and that of their organizations. HDI offers many opportunities to demonstrate industry leadership by encouraging members to:
- Contribute articles to SupportWorld
- Author a Focus Book
- Submit whitepapers on industry topics
- Apply to speak at the Annual Conference
- Serve on the Strategic, Training, or Member Advisory Board, or on one of our Certification Standards Committees.
- Volunteer to be a local chapter officer – participation at the local chapter level allows members to network and take the latest industry tips and information back to their organizations several times a year.
- Join one of our HDI vertical industry forums (quarterly meetings) to allow members to gain more in-depth knowledge specific to a particular industry and network with peers facing similar issues:
- Financial Services
- Higher Education
- In addition, HDI sponsors forums for support center executives and leaders.
From discounts on HDI’s Annual Conference & Expo, special events, training and certification, and HDI’s eStore to access to industry reports and publications, networking opportunities, online discussion forums, webinars and more, HDI membership provides you and your organization with a wide range of benefits:
- HDI Directory of Members – Distributed online exclusively to HDI members, the HDI Directory of Members is an excellent networking resource.
- Local HDI Chapter – You will be added to the membership roll of your local HDI Chapter.
- SupportWorld Magazine – HDI’s award-winning magazine is published six times a year. SupportWorld is the service and support industry’s leading magazine focusing on the latest strategies, best practices, people management, technologies, tools and techniques.
- HDI Industry Insider eNewsletter – Distributed bi-weekly to more than 12,000 subscribers, every issue of HDI Industry Insider contains information on trends, developments, tips and information to keep you up to speed on this ever-changing industry.
- The Salary and Practices Survey – This is a must-have report for any support manager. This comprehensive research study compiles data gathered from support organizations around the world on industry practices, procedures, and trends. The Practices Survey provides a first-hand insight on the industry, department structure, personnel, service request profiles, practices and tools. The annual survey includes trending as well as an in-depth analysis of the state of the industry today.
- Focus Books – HDI’s focus books provide perspective on practical, hands-on topics, and are designed specifically to be used as quick-reference tools by customer support personnel and support center management.
- Self-Assessment – The HDI Support Center Certification (SCC) Self-Evaluation highlights areas where improvements may be needed, pinpoints areas of excellence, and is a barometer of readiness for companies who want to move forward with the formal audit and certification process. The Self-Evaluation contains all 67 SCC standards statements and the scoring maps directly to the SCC audit scoring. Find out today how your support center rates against industry standards! Available free of charge to HDI Platinum-level members.
- White Papers – Read about the latest practices and processes in the industry or become an integral part of the white paper library and share your knowledge through articles, templates, case studies, presentations and research findings. The HDI white paper section offers information on a wide variety of topics: SLAs, global support, processes, surveys, and more.
- The HDI Service and Support Handbook – HDI’s Service and Support Handbook is a handy tool comprising the knowledge and experience of many service and support professionals that have lived in the trenches and faced the reality of striving to provide excellent customer support on a day-to-day basis. This book offers real solutions from real support professionals.
- HDI Community Forums – Often, the best advice comes directly from people performing the same job function that you do. What better way to get quick answers to your most difficult questions than through this unique, interactive online member forum?
- HDI CSI Tool – Access to a hosted Customer Satisfaction Index system.
- Conferences - Discounts to 2 annual Conferences that lead the Industry
- HDI Career Center
- HDI Job Board
Note: Membership deliverables vary depending on membership package. (See membership levels)
HDI Student Membership
We know students are on a tight budget. That’s why HDI is now offering students its Silver membership at Bronze Pricing—$75. The HDI Silver membership includes online access to SupportWorld, an award-winning magazine for technical support professionals, as well as free or reduced prices on publications and discounted training. Also, students are invited to participate in HDI Local chapter meetings, if one is available in their area. This is a fabulous opportunity for students to network with industry professionals and learn from industry experts.
To apply for a student membership, download and fill out the form. You can either fax it to 719-268-0184 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be required to provide the following information for validation:
- Student Name
- Educational Institution Name
- Educational Institution Address
- Student ID Number
- Expected Year of Graduation